Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dad's accident and the 4th of July







This summer took a turn of events when my dad got into a major accident. His car was completely totalled and even mentioned in the Idaho Statesman. He was on his way to golf, of course, and never made it. (Probably his first time missing a tee-time.) He passed out from a heart complication and went through a stop sign, when he got hit by a truck. It was pretty scary and I happened to be in town when it happened so I was glad about that. It was a shock for the family and we feel so blessed that nothing worse happened. He is still recovering from heart testing, a painful muscle tear in his bum that forced him to use a walker for awhile, anemia, and headaches among other things, but he just found out he can play golf so his spirits are up again and began working out in the yard today like nothing ever happened. While he was stuck in bed the entire family made it down to see him. We threw a Birthday party for my nephews Jacob and Alex while Peyten and I were there and it was awesome being with everyone. Danielle even made it down the next week and it was so fun being with her!!





On a lighter note, for the 4th my mom and my sister-in-laws came to Seattle. It was just all the girls and our little princesses. I say "princesses" because we learned from this trip that they all wanted to be treated like that 100% of the time. Ha ha, it still makes me laugh. We all had a blast going to the beach, downtown Seattle, taking family pictures, watching fireworks, and finally having some girl time. In our family it is usually the guys who get to go play, but this time us girls had our own party and I have to say...we're making it a tradition!!

3 comments:

Ana Lee said...

I'm glad your dad is ok! That is scary stuff!

Danielle said...

It was a total bummer I couldn't come to Seattle. I hope it does become a tradition so maybe I'll be able to go next time. Course you and I have a trip to England that we have done yet too! Who would have though as much as we fought when we were little that we'd be dying to spend together now. C'est la vie. Love you little sis.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 4 babypussies to feel and lick