Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting into the Christmas Spirit at the ZOO



My parents came down to Utah for the weekend and it was so fun. The boys went golfing and the girls got to go shopping...a usual occurrence at the Orchard house. Then we had a feast at the best restaurant on the planet, Cafe Rio. Anyone wanna set one up in Boise?? Zach and I also got to go to a dinner for Pinnacle and get all dressed up, while Nana and Papa watched Peyten for a couple of hours. That was only the 2nd time Zach and I have been alone without Peyten, ya it never happens. But we were so excited to get back to her when we were done. Later that night we went to the Zoo where they have lights all over for Christmas. We hurried there and were the only ones left before it closed. The keepers were literally walking behind us to close up. It was so much fun. There were lights all over of different animals and even some real ones in their cages still. It was fun to see the animals at a different part of the day. I felt like a little girl again and my parents and us had a blast. It really put us into the Christmas spirit even though it was freezing. We are all wearing about 3 layers of clothing!!

6 comments:

Ana Lee said...

Looks like so much fun! I keep hearing those commercials for the lights at the zoo. Maybe we should go?

I hope you keep enjoying Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I'm so gealous!! I wish I could see the lights this year. Too bad I came to Montana too early. You guys look great.

Ty and Masha said...

Where did the boys go golf? I want to know cause it's Ty's b-day soon and that is the only thing he'd want to do, but everything is closed for golf in winter I thought. What is the secret? :-)

johnandcourtney said...

Deena- could you email me your address so I can send you a Christmas card? courtneybrown22@gmail.com. Thanks!

WeAreTheRopers said...

NO CRAP about setting up a Cafe Rio in Boise! How about one in Littleton, Colorado while we're at it! Mmmmm, sweet pork...

Danielle said...

Cute Munchkin ;) I can't believe you had my fragile little niece in the cold, but I guess the Christmas spirit was there to keep her warm.

Love you guys!